WS Almond croissant in the oven
July 20, 2019 3:36 PM - Food
3/4 C. sesame paste
1/2 C. boiling water
1/2 C. soy sauce (less is better)
1/2 C. veg. oil
1/3 C. wine vinegar (red)
5 cloves garlic crushed
2 T. honey
2 T. chili oil (or a bit more)
3 T. toasted sesame oil
2 lbs. noodles (mein)
1. Whisk sesame paste + boiling water.
2. Beat in soy sauce, vinegar, veg. oil, garlic, honey, chili oil, and 2 T. toasted sesame oil until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Cook noodles, drain & rinse w cold water. Add 1 T. of toasted sesame oil. Toss.
4. Mix cold noodles with chilled sauce.
5. Garnish with grated carrot, slivered scallion, and mung bean sprouts. (we rarely do the garnish anymore)
This is an old recipe from the N.Y. Times magazine section. Sometime in the mid-80's?
GM. Quick, comment before it's gone!!!!
GM. We're back!!!!! And very fast too!!!! Thank you, Scott!!!!!